Italian Navy Bean Soup with RosemaryA quick, easy and delicious soup that helps keep you warm as the weather cools. Best of all, the taste gets better the second day!
Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, pressed
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 4 cups kale, minced
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 TBS chopped fresh oregano (or 2 tsp dried oregano)
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary (or 1/3 tsp dried rosemary)
- 2 15oz cans navy beans (No BPA), drained
- salt & pepper to taste
- Using 5 tablespoons of broth, Healthy Sauté onion, carrot, and celery in large soup pot over medium low heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add garlic and continue to sauté for another minute.
- Add rest of chicken or vegetable broth, kale, and tomatoes. If using dried rosemary and oregano, add them now as well.
- Simmer for 30 minutes over medium heat.
- Add beans, salt, and pepper. If using fresh herbs, add them now. Cook for several minutes so beans can heat through.