Mediterranean Pinto BeansIf you sometimes find it difficult to think of new ways to prepare beans try this easy-to-prepare recipe that tastes great. Enjoy!
Prep and Cook Time: Prep and cooking time: 15 min; 30 min to marinate
- 1 large ripe tomato, seeds and excess pulp removed, diced
- 2 TBS finely minced onion
- 4 medium cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 TBS balsamic vinegar
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 4 TBS chopped fresh parsley
- pinch red chili flakes
- salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 cups or 1 15 oz can (BPA free) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- Optional: 1/2 of 2 oz can rinsed and chopped anchovies
- Mince onions and press garlic and let sit for at least 5 minutes to enhance their health-promoting properties.
- Mix together all ingredients, except beans, in a bowl.
- Drain and rinse bean well. Toss beans with rest of ingredients. Let marinate for about 30 minutes before serving.